Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Yeah!!! Law School Graduation!!!

As I look back over the past three years I cant help but remember how far we have come! We moved to Spokane Washington so Brian could attend Gonzaga Law school in August of 2005. I literally cried for days and days! I thought it would never end! We had friends tell us that were in their third year, Jared and Emily King, that it would fly by and I thought they were just trying to make me feel good! But I can honestly say that it flew by! What a blast we had and the friends we made we will never forget. I am so proud of Brian. The poor guy would get so sick every semester during finals with sinus infections, swollen tonsils, canker sores and back problems because of the stress! He was a new man the second they were over and then we would party like crazy! I waited for this day for three years, Brian had waited his whole life and Drake showed up at the end to party! That was the best ending! I love you Brian, thanks for taking care of me and Drake. Thank you for being the best husband and the cutest dad. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! We made it!!!!!
Brians mom and dad and his brother Ashton we there. That meant so much to us!
I love this picture of the dads with their sons! Both law school babies!
These are Brians two best friends, Malone and Spencer. They all hung in there together!
Like father like son! Drake has some great footsteps to follow in.
My cute brother Tyler and his wife Sunee and their daughter Braxton and new baby Brolin came to the graduation. Thanks for sharing this fun day with us! We miss you already!

12 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting for both of you. So, what are your plans now?

By the way... LOVE the glasses, Emily!

Alicia said...

Yeah Emily you finally found time!! Congrats to Brian he worked so hard!!

The Obergs said...

oh man, I'm super jealous. I too feel like Taylor's graduation day will never come... How exciting that he's done and you guys don't have to pay for tuition, books, or student fees the rest of your life! So how's Utah?

Chelsey said...

You guys officially suck! Just kiddin! No but really, I am so jealous that you are done with school. Can't wait for that day!!!! Hopefully you guys are all settled in now and having a good time in Utah. I hope we didn't drive Brian crazy when he stayed with us. The weather is still wacky here in Spokane so be glad that you are outta here. Good luck with the bar and we will see you guys in August for sure.

The Obergs said...

taylor has 2 years left (maybe... depending on how his dissertation goes). I would LOVE to come to your shower and see your sweet little baby boy. I just want to pinch his cheeks, ha!. E-mail me at crystaloberg@gmail.com and I will get you mine and Gina's addresses. When is the shower?

Kim C said...

Congrats to all of you!!! You are amazing!

Emily said...

yipee!!! congrats brian NOW start studying for the bar(at first i typed bra-well you can study that too!!!)well anyways study study study!! thanks for the update finally, how is baby drake is he getting big, time really sarts flying now, ryan's almost 1!!! i can't believe your out of school already!! congrats!!!

Cuties on Top said...

yay emmy!! Welcome home!!! we all need to hang out!

Laurie said...

yay, Brian AND Emily! You've both graduated to the next stage of life! THat is so great and the pictures are too cute! Tell Brian the next time he's stressed like that to take his B-complex vitamins - geesh! :0}

Melissa said...

Congrats on being done with law school - you guys are lucky! Anyways I'm glad you are settling in well. You definitely need to post more pics of Drake! I will miss our lunches!

Leah and Mike said...

Congratulations!! I can't believe you guys are done!! Doesn't it feel so good?!?! Those are such cute pictures with your tiny little baby. So are you guys back in Utah now? If you are, we need to plan a time to get together once you get all settled. Tell Brian congratulations from us!

Unknown said...

Hey Brian and Emily, this is Melanie or Mel (Jones) Bassett. I found your blog through Kristin (Harris) George, and then through Lance. But I don't know why I didn't find it before on Crystals, because Taylor is my cousin. Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and congrats on graduating and for the new little boy. He is a cutie! Tell your family hello.