Sunday, September 14, 2008

BRIAN PASSED THE BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!










We had such a CRAZY Saturday.....Drake was sin need of some church clothes so we decided to go to Gateway cause the shopping is much better than Layton!! So we ended up getting him some way cute things which led us to working up an appetite. We were walking to California Pizza Kitchen to get my favorite salad (BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad...gotta try it!) and on our way this girl asked us if we were hungry. I told her "no" thinking she was weird but then I looked at her better and she was cute and dressed nice so I decided I could trust her. Then I said "well, why? Any good suggestions?" and she said she worked Tucanos (just like Rodizios at Trolley Square) and that she had coupons for buy 1 get 1 free meals. That was all she needed to say and we headed up there for lunch! It was great...awesome salad bar. So while we were eating we get a phone call from Brians really good friend from Law School letting him know the results were in. We were not expecting them until October!! So Brian had his friend look up his results and.............HE PASSED! So then I immediately start crying! What a blessing!!! We were on cloud nine pretty much. We were just so happy!! We are not much into the PDA (public display of affection) but man were we kissing like 20 times!! He told me to stop crying cause he didnt want anyone to think he was making me cry...I kept crying anyway!










Needless to say........He is an official Attorney!! Three years and lots of debt later!!! We were mailed the acceptance letter that day.......I am so proud of him......On to the next chapter of our lives.......








18 comments:

Nat and Dave said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so exciting! Yay yay yay!! I am so happy for you guys! WAY TO GO BRIAN!! Seriously, that is so great! I'm so excited for what is in store for you guys!! You guys deserve the best!! Tell bri i said congrats! That is super duper exciting!! Love ya!

The Obergs said...

that is great news, congrats! I'm sure that's a huge relief and so exciting to be moving on.

Kim C said...

Congrats to both of you!!! What an accomplishment, Brian! I am so thrilled for both of you! Can we please get together and celebrate?

Craig Family said...

What a great accomplishment! I'm proud of both of you, working hard and sticking it out & having a baby along the way. WOW! So awesome. Congratulations!!

Chelsey said...

Woo hoo! Congrats! I couldn't tell the difference between rodizios and tucanos. Could you? Both of them are way good! We are so happy for ya!

Emily said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for both of you!! So brave to have your friend tell you over the phone while you were out!! Brian, great job, all the hard work finally paid off!! Em good job letting him study and work hard, I know how hard it is to watch them study day and night for months on end, but it all paid off!!! Did he make you listen to the boring lectures in the car where ever you went? Please call me again!!!

Kattie said...

CONGRATS! That is such exciting news! CELEBRATE:)

Leah and Mike said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!! That is so exciting and such a relief! You guys made it :) What a fun Saturday! By the way, your picture on your header is SOOOO cute!! Cute family :)

Alicia said...

Woo hoo!! Great job Brian we are so proud of you! You both have worked so hard and I am glad it has paid off. When is the PARTY!!!!

We love you both, I mean three so much!! Pinch Drakie's legs for me!!

Wehrle said...

Yea! I am so happy for you guys! And a little bit jealous that you are done I must confess! Tell Brian congrats from Lance and I!

Patrick and Natalie Nelson said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you both! Emily, good for you for sticking with him :) haha. I honestly thought Patrick was going to leave me the first year of law school. I KNOW you have sacrificed just as much as he has! We still need to get together for dinner! Tacanos is AWESOME! We should go there...in a few weeks :)

Ross and Lea said...

Congratulations!!!!! Your little family is so dang cute. Tell Brian that is awesome.

Laurie said...

Emily! Hey, I just thought I'd check in on you guys and holy cow - what great news!!!! That is so great, tell Brian congrats from the Lees. On to bigger and better things now eh?

We're doing good, still in limbo waiting for our house in Spokane to sell, but comfortably enduring the heat! BTW you are freaking nuts for even uttering the word preggo until Drake's like 3!!!! Gag, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. That said, you only have one kid once...treasure the time that you have to spoil him completely and once he's one, and he's laying on the floor of the grocery store throwing a fit, you'll go OMGosh, I'm so glad we waited to have another one, this is hard!

THE WOODWORTHS said...

Congrats! What a huge accomplishment for Brian. I'm sure you both are so relieved.

Mike & Zona said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! WHAT AMAZING WORK AND DEDICATION HAS GONE INTO THIS!!! YOU KISS ALL YOU WANT AND CRY ALL YOU WANT! THIS IS WONDERFUL!!!!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!

ZONA

Spence said...

You have no idea how jealous I am that he passed. I'm still waiting on my results, but everyday I'm growing increasingly doubtful. Brine is a smart guy, but better yet - he is a great guy. You guys deserve all the blessings you are receiving and all those you have coming to you.

Jason and Tricia said...

Congratulations you guys! That's great! Em, your blog is so cute. I can't believe how big Drake is getting already! He's such a stud muffin!

Ty and Sun said...

Congratulations guys! You deserve all the happiness in the world! The kids and I will be down in Nov. through March so we will for sure get together! Love you guys! Give Drakey a kiss for us!