Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our baby is Advanced!!

I think every parent thinks that one time or another! But on Sunday, Brian and I were convinced that Drake is just so amazing and must be advanced because he ROLLED OVER!! Yep, it is true! Our three month old rolled over 3 whole entire times!! I Know!! Your jaw is on the floor!! Ours were too. Can anyone beat that? Well we were beat.... a couple told us, Sunday at the Weber State fireworks, that their baby rolled over after two weeks being born! Talk about stealing our thunder! They did! And your baby might have rolled sooner too but I am still a dang proud mommy! The thing that is so funny is after becoming a parent you find so much joy in the little things... I love that! What will our little guy do next?



This was the final part of rolling over...we were so proud he was able to get his right arm out from under himself


This is halfway through.... he is trying to get to his tummy

9 comments:

Kim C said...

I think he is very advanced, also! Probably a prodigy of sorts, with such amazing parents!! I love the thrill of them doing something new, or accomplishing something they have been trying to do! Diesel started crawling a couple of weeks ago, and we are still celebrating around here!!! Love all the cute pics and updates!!!

Jen said...

Go Drake, Go! I'm the same way with my kids' accomplishments... I just get so proud. It's the fun of being a a mommy.

Kattie said...

Emily-
Congrats on the super baby, Cohen is one too, ever since he was born when we put him on his belly he rolls back onto his back! I guess he just hates the tummy thing. The doc said they dont roll till they are five months! So hurray for Super babies, we are lucky:)

Leah and Mike said...

YAY for Drake!! I'm sure he is advanced with such great parents like you guys :) Isn't it so fun when they reach those milestones!!

Chelsey said...

How cute! It is way funny how you get so excited about something so small. And the excitement doesn't stop with the first. It almost gets more exciting the more kids you have. Each kid is so different and they learn so differently too. Isn't being a mom the best! Can't wait to see you guys in August. Oh and by the way, I haven't forgotten to call you yet. It's just a little crazy. You might have to call me cause I do tend to forget sometimes.

Nat and Dave said...

Yes! I love it! He is so advanced! Screw that lady that stole your thuder, where does she live, i'll go beat her up. Infact, I bet she was just jealous of your outfit and thought she had to make up for it and say that her baby rolled over before yours did to make herself feel better. :) he he jk! GOOD JOB DRAKE! I love the baby. He so cute! I'm so glad you guys are having so much fun with him and finding so much excitment in all the little stuff...thats what its all about! You too are so cute! I miss you emmy! Hope to see you again soon! I was happy to see you posted! Quit doing that one thing we talked about ya know he ha ha....and blog more ok?? ok thanks!
hey ps there is a couple in my ward that just moved from spokane nikki/nicole sandars 27-33 brown hair...do you know her?

The Obergs said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, he sounds pretty advanced to me. I bet that couple at the fireworks were totally lying, ha!

Laurie said...

Ooooh, yes, he is totally advanced, next he'll be saying his ABCs! Glad to hear life is good!

Emily said...

oohhh totally advanced!!! isn't it fun to have such smart babies!!! watch out they grow so fast next week he'll be walking-well it seems like a week!!