Saturday, July 26, 2008

There is a first for everything!!

So Drake has not been feeling well at all!! I thought my "motherly instincts" were in tact when I thought he was just teething. He had the classic symptoms..... slobber, lots and lots of slobber, runny nose, fever, and did I mention slobber! But Sunday night just put me over the top! He slept horribly! So we wake up Monday morning and the symptoms were way worse and to add to the symptoms, his eyes just kept watering and he had a bad cough. So my instincts really kicked in and I took him to insta-care. I made sure those symptoms were not normal by making a few phone calls to my sisters and I was reassured they were not normal. Plus!!! We dont have insurance until next month!! But really when it came to my little sweetie pie it did not matter the cost one bit! The diagnosis......... he had a COLD. There was not anything I could give him but a little T.L.C. It is now Saturday and he is doing so good!! Nothing is better than a happy baby...right????
Now if I could just get this "sleeping in his own bed thing" down that would be awesome!! Any ideas??? Please help!!!





6 comments:

Chelsey said...

How sad! It sucks when kids are sick, for both mommy and the baby. Hope things are better!

Emily said...

well i found the only thing that works is letting him cry it out, i know, i know it's hard to listen to him cry but he will figure it out, and you will be so happy when he does, not to mention everyone will get a better nights sleep!! i'm always better at listen to ryan cry then jared so he has to go into another room, but it should only last a couple of days.

i've taken ryan to the doctor several times thinking he was SO sick-but just a cold!! but keep listening to your mommy feelings because I also took him to the doctors twice thinking he had an ear infection,but he didn't then the third time I was embrassed to go back again, i didn't want ot be one of those moms and sure enough he had a double infection and one ear durm had burst!!! listen to your mommy feelings!!!

sorry for the novel-i would call but lost your number!!

haley said...

It's so hard when they get sick. The sleeping thing, I wish I would've done this with my first one, she slept horribly, but with Ezekiel, I always feed him first thing, then we play,play,play, then I lay him down in his crib, and let him fall asleep on his own, it's hard at first. He's gonna cry, but you have to teach him how to fall asleep on his own. And ever since he was about 3 months old he sleeps 12 hours straight. try it, good luck!

Emily said...

so what names have you thought of???

Unknown said...

Hey I am living with my mom right now in the same old house I grew up in. It woulg be lots of fun to get together, I would love to see you.
The sleeping thing will work out, my daughter didn't slepp through the night til she was 11 months old and just til about a month ago I still had to rock her to sleep. I figure they will only be this small and want you so much for so long!!

Jamie Jo said...

Well, you asked the right person... I happen to be an EXPERT on getting babies to sleep in their OWN BED, and ALL through the night! First things first- Try like a million times to let them cry it out, each time finding yourself so sad outside the door, then rescuing them after 2 minutes, and give into their tears, giving them whatever they want! Then, when they are old enough to want to sleep in between you and Brian every night for YEARS- LET THEM, it's WAY good for your marriage!
Ya, I know- i NEVER give into a THING my girls cry for... You're welcome for the advice, i'll bill you later:)